Follow me on the sites below...

         

I no longer update this blog, but you can catch me being a bit more active at the links above.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cheap PS3 or Maybe Even Free

Cheap PS3I want a PS3, don't you? problem is I have no cash so I figured I'd explore some of the options available to me.

So here's my options:

1. Online Shopping Deals.
2. Auction Sites like eBay.
3. Free Gift Sites.
4. The Local Stores.

1. Online Shopping Deals

I usually keep an eye on online shopping sites like Amazon, just to see if they have any promotions or package deals going, sometimes it feels like I would be missing out on a good deal if I just went out the the local game shop.
2. Auction Sites like eBay
I've been browsing a few sites like this trying to find a cheap PlayStation 3, but what I've found is that they usually get up to near retail prices anyway, you'll probably see some eBay auctions in the sidebar of this blog just to the right, some of the prices are pretty cheap, but it depends on how the bidding ends up. I mean if you're willing to sell something you bought for so much in the first place I don't think you would want to much less than what you payed.




3. Free Gift Sites
Some of you may know about these Free Gift sites and most of you probably think they're a scam, well I'm here to tell ya some of them aren't. The usual deal with those sites is that you sign-up, complete a free trial offer (usually involves a credit card), get 5 of your friends to do the same and they'll send you out your free gift. Now I can't participate in these sites because the majority require that you be a U.S citizen, which I'm not. But I did do a lot of research trying to find one that would allow world wide participation, but I came up empty handed.

What I did find though was a very large community of people who do these things almost professionally, they'll tell ya which sites are scams, which are legit and will even trade sign-ups with ya so you don't have to convince five of your friends to. Check out these two forums, both have review sections of freebie sites detailing if they worth the effort or if they payoff, the main sections however are the referral trading sections where you can find people to sign-up under you and in return you'll sign-up under them, it's a tricky business though so I'd suggest reading all the guides they have on offer. It's amazing to see that these freebie sites really do pay off, if you know what you're doing that is. Here's the two forums, Anything 4 Free Forums, Free iPod Guide Forums.


Get the Latest Playstation 3 Console for Free Now!

- U.S residents.

4. The Local Stores
The final option, probably the most expensive and boring of the lot, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up using this option, just save up my pingas and off the the local K-Mart or game shop I skip to my loo, a cheap PS3 may not be on the cards for me.

Anyway if you're a U.S citizen I really do suggest you check out the Freebie forums, they really do work, you just have to up your knowledge and know how to work them, wish I could use them.

18 comments:

  1. yes, Anything4Free is a great resource for getting all kinds of free stuff (not just PS3s). Us in the U.S. do have it easiest but there's more and more sites these days that are friendly to "foreigners".


    ---
    i don't care if other systems get the games i like, but i've seen so many devs lately screw up their multiplatform games... but, the MGS team does have more talent than say, EA...

    ---
    http://real-free-playstation-3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely works! I got my free PS3 from www.gifts-4-free.co.uk - they're mostly UK based, but I believe they do have some offers also open to US residents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the problem most people can't get past with such offers is that you 1. have to use a credit card with some of them and 2. trying to get people to do the same.

    That's why I posted the 2 links to those forums, great places to start out getting your free products, the people on them are experts in getting free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Anything 4 Free is a good place. Better than the other ones.

    People have problems b/c:
    1. Most people are afraid of their cards online anyways. This "free stuff" makes it worse.
    2. Again who trusts "free stuff"?

    Like some people in the comments, we got our own sites to help us get stuff.

    --
    free-playstation-3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well getting free stuff can take some time and effort but when mastered correctly, it can be very rewarding.

    http://www.elitefreestuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. For people in the UK there is a site called Buying Cheap - www.buyingcheap.co.uk where you can find cheap prices on PS3s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do you want a PS3? You can actually get an XBOX and a Wii for the same price as one PS3. Why bother with that? The XBOX works very well, and there are at least more games on that platform than the PS3 right now. Why not just chill for a while, wait for the price to come down, and then get yourself the PS3? That's what I'm going to do. I still think that it's very overpriced, and I don't see the games for the PS3 streaming in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want them all, but as something I see myself using for not just games the PS3 seems to do it for me.

    Another reason why I want the PS3 first is that they seem to be very focused on first party exclusives, Microsoft on the other hand seem to want to rain on every ones parade by buying out exclusives and making them multi-platform, a direction I feel that's not good for innovation. It waters down the final products, instead of focus being on a full game for one system, part of the focus is goes towards making them work on multiple platforms.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go to www.kcbidz.com and you can bid on a PS3. If you get the lowest unique bid then you can buy the PS3 for as low as $11.92. Also while you are there Bid on a Wii for free.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it definitely works. I am living proof. I could live off these things if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do you want a PS3? You can actually get an XBOX and a Wii for the same price as one PS3. Why bother with that? The XBOX works very well, and there are at least more games on that platform than the PS3 right now. Why not just chill for a while, wait for the price to come down, and then get yourself the PS3? That's what I'm going to do. I still think that it's very overpriced, and I don't see the games for the PS3 streaming in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want them all, but as something I see myself using for not just games the PS3 seems to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How about going to stores or online shopping sites that sell refurbished PS3? Do you think they’re worth it?

    I got a Gameboy Advanced and my slim PSP from a local Ebay store. They’re refurbished but they’re already with me for more than a year now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buy consoles from MWgames.com.au. MWgames is an Australian wholesaler & retailer specializing in
    nintendo dsi xl, DSi XL,3DS,Wii;PS3,XBOX 360 games and tablets etc.Quality products;Best Price;Satisfactory Service!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Engrossing substance I haven't been finished specified info in a lasting time.
    ps3 games free

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Camping Southern California

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...