Follow me on the sites below...

         

I no longer update this blog, but you can catch me being a bit more active at the links above.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Halo 3 Launch party was as daunting as a stage full of hot girls


Just got back from the Halo 3 midnight launch party down here in New Zealand, I hadn't been to any kind of game launch since me and my brother picked up the PS2 a few years back, strange thing is I felt the exact same age as I did back then this time round.

Felt all geeky, wondering what people would think, hoping on hope no hot girls were there, this time however I didn't give a shit, but those cool nervous feelings were kind of there, felt all nostalgic.

The store had quite a few people there, mostly buying toasters and other junk and luck would have it, hot chicks on the check outs. We headed off to the games section and mould about a little trying to look as cool as we could and eventually grabbed a copy of Halo 3 and headed for the check out. Trying to act cool in front of the strange sight of a hot chick in a Halo t-shirt we completed the transaction and headed for the exit, where the alarm went off, there went all the cool we managed to build up.

Brang back a few memories, made me feel like a geeky teenager again and I've got to say that I am keen as ever to fulfill my ultimate gaming system quest, I don't think I've been in a games shop for a couple of years now and just being there seeing the various systems on display, I felt like a kid in a candy store, may need to add a PSP and DS to my list, was a little shocked by the prices though PS3 $1199 + extra controller and two games and the 120GB back Elite 360 at $799, New Zealand dollars mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...